COVID-19 Resources & Important Information
Dear Chamber members;
In recent days we’ve all been consumed with news on the COVID-19 pandemic, and how it’s affecting our health, our families, and our businesses.
During this time, it’s critical that the chamber network understands the economic impacts on BC businesses in the weeks and months ahead, and how government can support their viability. That’s why we’ve partnered with Small Business BC, Community Futures, and The BC Economic Development Association and created a short survey for big and small businesses alike.
All feedback will go to different levels of government to help them shape their response to the crisis. Please take the time to provide your feedback.
Castlegar & District Chamber of Commerce
Take Survey Here
Other Resources and Important Links
In light of the spread of COVID-19 in many countries and the recent pandemic declaration by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Central Okanagan Economic Development Commission has compiled the below resources to help businesses navigate the risk.The Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low for Canada, with continued reassessment as new information becomes available.
Updates are also provided by British Columbia Centre for Disease Control and Interior Health Authority
Whether it is a public health issue, natural disaster, or other emergencies, it is important to be prepared and ensure you have an up-to-date business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
We’re sharing the below compiled information with you, as it includes guides and tools for business owners and employers, which you may find helpful.
- Planning for Coronavirus: A Guide for Businesses and Organizations (BC Economic Development Association)
- Coronavirus: Workplace and Employer Resources and Suggestions (BC Economic Development Association)
- COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness for Business (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
- Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19 (World Health Organization )
- PreparedBC: Guide for Small Business (Government of B.C.)
- Crisis Communications Plan (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)