#COVID_19 Bulletin: March 18, 2020
All of these updates are now located in one document. This shareable, live guide is being continually updated with the most relevant information, tools and resources for the BC business community. Click here to view.
New Resources added from:
- Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium
- Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Startup Canada
- Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- Retail Council of Canada
- Restaurants Canada
On March 18, 2020, the Prime Minister announced a new set of economic measures to help stabilize the economy during this challenging period. These measures, delivered as part of the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan, will provide up to $27 billion in direct support to Canadian workers and businesses.
- Temporary Income Support for Workers and Parents
- Longer-Term Income Support for Workers
- Income Support for Individuals Who Need It Most
- Flexibility for Taxpayers
- Role of Financial Institutions
- Mortgage Default Management Tools
On March 18, 2020 the government and its partners announced further measures to support businesses. These actions are part of Canada’s whole-of-government response to COVID-19, and the significant stimulus program developed to stabilize Canada’s economy, support businesses and to protect Canadians.
- Supporting Canadian Business through the Canada Account
- Helping Businesses Keep their Workers
- Flexibility for Businesses Filing Taxes
- Ensuring Businesses Have Access to Credit
- Supporting Financial Market Liquidity
March 23, 2020 – 12:00pm PST
Join us to learn the latest on the impact COVID-19 is having on everything from small businesses to essential civil functions. Our moderator will engage speakers on their past experiences in emerging from economic calamity, whatever the cause — natural disasters or previous outbreaks. Attendees will gain from past experiences and learn important information they can use in the coming weeks and months to help their communities recover from the impact of COVID-19. Register here.
More resources are available at https://bceda.ca/coronavirus.php